Glenn Beck’s Phony Rally

Well, here’s the latest. It’s not only an insult to the memory of Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr.

As I learned yesterday from the National Park Service, it’s all a fraud.

I spoke with Bill Line in the Communications Office of the NPS. He told me:

1. 1. Even though the poster for Beck’s rally shows the Lincoln Memorial, the event would actually be held on the steps of the Reflecting Pool in front of the Memorial, not on the steps of the Memorial itself.
  2. 2. At this point, according to Line, no final permit has been awarded for the August 28 event. The permit is still pending, and may not in fact be approved. Nevertheless, Beck is already selling t-shirts and posters for the event – and inviting members of the public to attend.

Not only that, Beck is exploiting a charity for the troops to pay for his rally. His website solicits contributions to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, but the fine print says: All contributions made to the SOWF will first be applied to the costs of the Restoring Honor Rally taking place on August 28, 2010.

So there you have it. Glenn Beck’s August 28 rally? It’s not really at the Lincoln Memorial. It may not even be held at all. And he’s using our military to raise money for his political event.

Glenn Beck’s August 28 rally, in other words, is as phony as he is.

127 Responses to Glenn Beck’s Phony Rally

1. Rich liberto says:

Hello Sir,
    You, the writer, have a pathetic issue that must be dealt with elsewhere… it cannot be remedied on this forum. I am not particularly taken by Beck either. Although I do agree with allot of what he says. But this writer here is really deeply and profoundly troubled. Sir, reach out and get help now. You’re getting on in years and already let too many go by without help. Your suffering is needless. Please have hope, help is out there if you will only reach out for it. Admit to yourself that you do need someone in your life to get you back on track. Don’t feel alone as many writer/reporters suffer in the same way that you do. Too many calling themselves ‘reporters’ are afflicted with this apparent psycho/spiritual illness called modern-liberalism… all ultimately leading to Communism. Your persepective on life is Godless so what can you really expect to get out of it? A blinding darkness has overtaken the vast majority of medias today, it is obvious. They have all Abrogated their former worthy titles as News Reporters, The Press and so on. The News Bastions Glory Days are Over.
    Richard

2. Bill in FL says:

You have no idea what’s going on out there. You are nothing but a bigoted jerk. Why do you hate America? Get a life! This is my first an last visit to your site. I feel sorry for you!

3. Tom Austin says:

Hey Bill Pree how did you like the “Phony Rally” You angry Liberal!!! hahahaa

4. Mark says:

I think I’ll watch pre-season football instead. It has about the same credibility.

5. Steve says:

Beck is a patriot and you are a pinhead.

6. Wayne in Florida says:

These comments are unbelievable, just like Beck. It’s funny, for a group that prides itself, Glenn Beck especially, on asking questions, they’re sure ready to believe everything they’re told. Beck is no profit, he’s not even well read. It’s not hard to find, in fact it took less than five minutes for him to misrepresent history in his speech. Funny though, after listening to his speech, he sounded like a revolutionary on the same ilk as Osama bin Ladin. Look, if you want a strong conservative voice, at least listen to O’Reilly. He checks his facts.

7. James says:

Wow, they did a really good job at faking that Rally today! I bet they hired the same team that faked the Moon Landing to fake this “phony rally”…

8. Viper says:

Bill:
    ROFLMAO at you Bill! Jokes on you, so much for the phony rally with over 500,000 present…even the lefties couldn’t say anything bad about the rally unless they were just makin’ crap up. Get a new job Bill, you are not relevant.

XO,
    Viper ;-)

9. Rick for Calif. says:

Wow, if anyone thinks Fox news is fair and balanced. You sure did not attend College. What happened to Glen Becks plan to save Amercia? If This rally is for the troops, why are all the speakers Republicans? Not enough nut jobs were going to show up for his Plan. So he changed it to support the troops. A tea partier in my town thinks FEMA is building Concentration camps for people who oppose the gov’t. I guess the tea party only requires a Junior High School deploma.

10. amr says:

Glenn Beck is an idiot. of all the saturdays in the year, he choses this one to piss on MLK Jr. He’s obviously the bigot. I don’t believe the writer hates America, since he never said that. But I do believe he hates Glenn Beck, just as half of Americans do.

Don’t spread the hate. We need to come together, find compromises, and make decisions for what’s best for America. THAT is the American way. But somehow that has been lost. All anyone wants to do now is fight, and by doing that all the time, we lose sight of the big picture. We lose ourselves in childish nonsense that doesn’t get anything our fellow Americans need accomplished. We need to look out for each other, stop being greedy, Come Together and thus strengthening our country.

Glenn Beck is just a strongly opinionated person who rarely has all the facts. And since elite republicans own most of the media, they gave him a spotlight because he stands for their agenda. It is just sad he uses his power for evil to spread hate and lies, instead of for good. We need a unbias media with no slants, all facts, and stories that will help Americans make the best decisions.

This makes me scared for the future of my children. And I am saddened that so many people blindly follow anyone who speaks up, even if they are wrong, negative, and cruel.

11. bry says:

:” All contributions made to the SOWF will first be applied to the costs of the Restoring Honor Rally taking place on August 28, 2010.”

This was NO secret, no small print. Beck announced this many times, and he also said he would make up any loss the SOWF might lose. Turns out he didn’t have to, the great people of this country were able to cover the cost. It was worth every 8 cents and so much more,

Why are you so angry? Could you explain? I just don’t understand small minds like yours.

12. Lisa says:

You are a complete idiot. Not only was Beck’s rally the real deal, 500,000 people attended. There it was at the Lincoln Memorial and every dime of it came out of Beck’s own pocket. Do you actually check the facts before you spew them out of your poisonous mouth? Will you issue a public apology now that you see you publicly maligned a very good man? Lucky for you he’s a Christian and won’t sue you for slander. You certainly deserve it you officious jackass.

13. Mark says:

Obviously, Mr Press, and Rick followed the liberal script. Condem and name call, right out of the lib play book. The entire event was carried on C-Span. I know it’s sacrilege in lib land to confuse emotion with fact, but why don’t one of you spend some time and watch, so you too can be informed on the content of the event. Hey Rick, nothing about the event changed from the planning to the execution

14. Howdy,

I just wanted to let you know that I have been watching for a while and I would like to sign up for the feed. I’ll give it a try but I will need some assistance. This is a great find and I would hate to lose touch, and maybe never find it again.

Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to posting again sometime!

15. Veteran says:

bunk from the bunker. Hunker down Bill. The other shoe’s about to drop!

Gunny

16. Amy Harris says:

DUNCE.. enough said

17. Billpressisadumbass says:

Talk about being dead wrong – LOL what a tool! Nice predictions there Kreskin.

18. Hank says:

Bill? Bill who. When someone like this needs to attack in this way you know that that are not relevant, in other words this guy is a nobody trying to gain the progressive ratings and is incapable at even that.

19. Amy Harris says:

Rick. as someone who only get second hand information about anything from MSNBC and people like Bill Press you have no business talking about truth.. the rally was about saving America it was about taking personal responsibility and holding up examples of real American values. these are the things we all need to help restore our honor as a country. Our militart is mostly honest, trustworthy, and make it possible for people like you to hate anyone that doesnt agree with your views. Grow up, get your own oppinions, and God Bless America and their Patriots

20. Amy Harris says:

Bill Press I feel sorry for you.

21. hepkitten says:

Amazing how ignorant some people can be! 400,000 + people and over 5 MILLION $ raised for SOWF.
    Get your information correct before posting it.
    The permit was granted long before the rally, he got it 1 year ahead of time. The final permit was granted well before you posted this on June 29th.

1st and last time I will ever visit your website you are not worth my time if you can’t even get the facts correct. I will only spend my time with people who fact check first before opening their mouth.

God bless and have a nice day.

22. Charisse says:

Wayne if you are going to state that Beck misrepresented history please give us the facts.
    Rick, How many Republicans did you see Saturday because the only one I knew for a fact was Sarah Palin. Glenn is a known libertarian and I have know idea the party affiliation of all the other speakers because the rally had nothing to do with politics.
    Mr. Press I don’t know why someone who is fighting to save our country from an out of control government and CIC who is trying to destroy this country should warrant so much hatred.

23. Bud says:

Where is the retraction on this blantantly outrageous story? You tried to stop people from attending and talked trash for weeks and all to no avail. Now eat crow and publish something worth reading.

24. caveboy says:

Bill Press? Who is Bill Press? and he has a show? Damn, where have I been?

25. [...] of delay. Ideally one would request a permit before announcing the rally, something that Glenn Beck forgot to do. Most people would prefer to do it the other way around and make sure the space is actually [...]

26. Susan Harkins says:

Well, the verdict is in — the author is a libtard.

Official wikipedia site for the monumental event:

—————-

Conversely, liberal radio host Bill Press, who attended the rally personally, criticized the “Christian religious fervor” of the event, remarking that at one point he expected Beck “to part the Reflecting Pool and walk across it.”[82] In discussing the setting among the crowd, Press stated that it was “a strange combination of political rally and religious revival”, which left him surrounded by the “old, white, and angry.”[82] Former Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean questioned Beck’s mental sanity, while referring to Beck’s audience as “lost souls” in the “middle of a horrible economic downturn” who then follow the “racist” and “hatemonger” Beck, whom Dean compared to Father Coughlin from the 1930s.[58] Eric Deggans, media critic for the St. Petersburg Times, hypothesized that with the rally, Beck had created a blueprint for “ultra-conservative” Tea Party activists to “look more mainstream to independent voters” before the November 2010 midterm elections.[83]

Traffic was clogged in D.C. after the event and before the event. Metro workers said they have never seen anything like it. The lines at the Metro subway stretched two football fields. They had to wait hours in lines just to get on the subway to get to the event…By our estimate, this event falls about the sixth largest all-time largest crowd at the Mall. That is tied with the inauguration of Ronald Reagan. So, the media can diminish the crowd size all they want, but the images speak for themselves.[57]

Beck mocked the media’s reporting of attendance at the rally, saying, “I have just gotten word from the media that there are over a thousand people here today.” He continued, “The reflecting pool holds about 200,000 people. This field back here holds about 250–300,000 people. They are not only full here, they’re full in that field, they’re full behind me, and they are now across the street approaching the Washington Monument!”[76] He later said he “heard the crowd was between 300,000 and 500,000…if that’s coming from the media, God only knows how many.”[45] When a helicopter flew over the rally while he was speaking, Beck remarked, “It must be a big crowd, because they violated the airspace to get a shot of it.”[77] Beck’s website later posted two aerial photographs of the event, showing the crowd extending well towards the World War II Memorial and substantial crowds on the sides.[78]

READ IT AND WEEP, LIBTARD PROGRESSOS — lol!!!

27. Susan Harkins says:

And guys, you know what the most interesting part is in all this…let me give you Bill’s own words, right beside his own actions, and you make up your mind what kind of progresso hateful idiot he is:

1) WORDS: “You’ve heard me talk about Glenn Beck’s planned rally at the Lincoln Memorial on August 28, which I strongly oppose.”

2) ACTIONS: “Conversely, liberal radio host Bill Press, who attended the rally personally, criticized the…”

This man has no values at all. Perhaps the notion of “Restoring Honor” never really got through his thick skull while he ATTENDED the rally.